Competitive Research Start-Up Fund 2013-14
The purpose of this fund is to assist young researchers engaged in (i) research in the field of EU Studies OR (ii) research conducted in collaboration with an EU-based institution.
At least one recipient from each EUIJ-Kyushu consortium member--Kyushu University, Seinan Gakuin University, and Fukuoka Women’s University--will be chosen. Approximately ￥250,000-330,000 will be awarded to each recipient.
The award may be used for domestic and/or international travel expenses only. In accordance with the purpose of the EU grant offered to EUIJ-Kyushu, EU nationals may only spend the money on domestic travel expenses, and any proposal involving travel to Europe by an EU national cannot be accepted.
Recipients of the fund will be awarded the title EUIJ-Kyushu Research Fellow.
EUIJ-Kyushu consortium faculty and staff, aged 45 and under, may be eligible to receive this fund. Candidates may also apply for other research funds including the one offered by EUIJ-Kyushu.
All candidates are required to submit:
- CV in Japanese and English
Please contact for the application deadline and submit the application materials to the EUIJ-Kyushu office at your university.
Successful candidates will be informed of their award by the end of January 2013.
Recipients of this fund are required to submit a short report describing the research that was facilitated by this award.
Congratulations to the Recipients of 2012-13!
- Shinji Fukuda, Assistant Professor, Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Kyushu University
- Haruka Takasaki, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Economics, Kyushu University
- Akihito Ito, Professor, Department of Literature, Seinan Gakuin University
- Yan Zhang, Associate Professor, Department of International Liberal Arts, Fukuoka Women's University